Sunday, April 26, 2009
Lessons Learned
I've always known that I should discuss the lessons/message that my kids are receiving from TV shows, movies, etc. But this morning I was reminded how important that is needed when your young child is watching something. Rachel was watching a Veggie Tales DVD: Madame Blueberry. If you're familiar with these, they are wholesome, good, Christian videos. Well, the gist of the story is Madame Blueberry wants more and more stuff thinking that will make her happy. She encounters a couple of little kids along the way who are happy with just a ball or some pie and make her think about why she still isn't happy with more stuff. Anyway, Madame Blueberry's house is destroyed because too much stuff is delivered and put into it. At the end, the characters are all sitting around laughing and talking and eating pie with a little girl and her parents. Madame Blueberry is happy, so here is what Rachel learned from this DVD (quote): "When your house is destroyed, you will be happy if you eat something." I laughed so hard and quickly explained what the real lesson was that she was supposed to learn. I would hate to have to sue Veggie Tales later down the road because they made my daughter fat. LOL - Just kidding! So funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's hilarious. Makes total sense too!
I laughed out loud :)
Post a Comment